Zoe likes beeps.
Sophie likes strums.
They both like the Decemberists.
Two best friends on a mission to make the world a better place for music.

8.11.07

Sobre Moi

So I figured all you fabulous people out there might want to know a bit more about me specifically (I'm sure Sophie will be doing this soon).

I write for Tiny Mix Tapes, the intelligent, faux-pretentious antidote to the self-congratualting, faux-unpretension of Pitchfork. I'm mainly a news writer (the articles with strange headlines that are the first thing one sees on the site), but I'm slowly starting to write interviews and other features. I write as Elzee; my posts are collected here.

When I deviate from the Squad's shared musical taste, it's usually in the hip-hop/electronica direction. I love YACHT, Jus†ice, Air, Ratatat, Blackalicious, and A Tribe Called Quest, among many others.

Right now I'm listening to Certified Air Raid Material by edIT. It's a fabulous mixture of super-funky electronica and not-too-serious hip hop:
Dan Deacon + Jus†ice + the rap from Islands' "Where There's A Will, There's A Whalebone" =edIT.

Bet you thought you'd never see Jus†ice and Islands used to describe the same thing. Well, now you've seen it all. And what does that mean? Yes, Bjork and Thom Yorke, there is no more to see.

Still awaiting silent Tristero's empire.

No comments: