Zoe likes beeps.
Sophie likes strums.
They both like the Decemberists.
Two best friends on a mission to make the world a better place for music.

8.11.07

Hello, adoring readers.


This is Sophie, the other co-author of this blog. Here is the part where I introduce myself.

As is referred to in the post below, Zoe and I do indeed have "shared music taste" (we are Super Compatible). This extends beyond our shared favorite band (The Decemberists). We both strongly enjoy bands such as Sufjan Stevens, Neutral Milk Hotel, Beirut and Final Fantasy, and I am happy to report I am successfully converting Zoe into a semi-hardcore Mountain Goats fan.

The top of this page says that I enjoy strums, whereas Zoe enjoys beeps. Though this is true in a way, most music I like could be better characterized as either pretty or catchy. In addition to the bands listed above, my favorite artists include Andrew Bird (who puts anyones whistling to shame), Iron & Wine, Okkervil River, Jens Lekman and a huge list of indie pop bands (notably Belle & Sebastian, Of Montreal, The Pipettes and The Unicorns/Islands).

This brings me to my radio show, entitled "Comfort in the Sound". For about four months now I have done an hour long show every Sunday at 5 pm on a tiny independent station in Guerneville, CA. The shows usually have themes (i.e. light v. dark, places, wordplay) and I play mostly indie pop/folk/rock with the occasional other genre thrown in. Here is the website from which it streams, if you don't want to scroll down to the link below.

One more note just to keep you interested: in a few days there will be an exclusive interview on here with one of the artists I mentioned above! Don't believe me? Check back later (or listen to my radio show this Sunday) and be AMAZED.


I'm just a love letter away!

No comments: