Zoe likes beeps.
Sophie likes strums.
They both like the Decemberists.
Two best friends on a mission to make the world a better place for music.

17.1.08

More new music from Fishbear!

I promise not every blog here will be about my brother! However, the band Fishbear (for which he plays drums, keyboard and does vocals) have just recorded a few songs. I'd descibe their general style as a ska version of Beirut, but they play a wide variety of styles (and have even been known to break out the Pokemon theme song on occasion). The new songs are up on their myspace, and they all sound really great! I'd reccomend the awesomely funky Helsinky Slinky, on which my brother sings vocals, to start out with. Arabian Dance Party is also really fun and definitely has a major klezmer feel to it. Go listen and friend them! If you live around here you should try to make it to one of their shows, they are pretty fun, and this is coming from someone who has (not entirely by choice) seen at least ten of them.

Here is a really shitty video of a recent gig of theirs that I took on my phone. This song is pretty sweet.


No comments: